Environmental, Health and Safety Policy
QMX Gold Corporation. (“QMX”) is committed to the protection of health and environment for present and future generations. We will strive to be leaders in environmental, health and safety management.
All employees, consultants and agents are responsible for incorporating the actions necessary to fulfill this commitment into their planning and work.
To meet these responsibilities, QMX will provide its employees with the necessary resources to:
- Design, construct, operate and reclaim our facilities to meet or surpass applicable regulations and laws.
- Promote active commitment to this policy and enhance their capabilities in its implementation.
- Provide a workplace where open communication between our employees and management on health, safety, environmental and mining practices is encouraged.
- Ensure that effective, realistic systems are in place to minimize risk to health, safety and the environment.
- Communicate openly with the public and government our plans, programs and performance.
- Work cooperatively with government agencies, local communities, suppliers and trade associations to ensure the safe handling, use and disposal of all our materials and products.
- Acquire scientific knowledge and technologies to continuously improve the safe, efficient use of our processes, materials and emergency response systems.
- In the absence of legislation, apply best management practices to advance environmental protection and to minimize environmental risk.
- Maintain an active, continuing, self-monitoring program to ensure compliance with government and internal requirements.